Washing your hair with bicarb and vinegar is super simple.
What you’ll need to keep in the shower:
- tub of bicarb
- bottle of vinegar
- plastic cup
To wash your hair:
- Put some bicarb in the bottom of your cup (I use about 2 tablespoons)
- Add water and mix to a solution (I do this by simply swirling the cup while it’s filling up)
- Tip solution over your head and let it coat your hair
- Scrub your hair like normal to give it a good wash
To condition your hair:
- Ensure cup is well rinsed of the bicarb solution (otherwise it reacts with the vinegar)
- Add approx half a cup of vinegar to cup
- Add water to make a solution
- Tip over your head and ensure all your hair gets coated
And that’s it!! Super simple!
- You can use more or less bicarb/vinegar depending on your hair length (adjust accordingly).
- I add essential oils to my vinegar to give it a nice smell. You can also infuse with herbs by putting fresh herbs (ie lavender or rosemary) into a container and fill with vinegar. Leave for a few weeks to infuse then strain fragranced vinegar into your shower container.
- When you first start using this method it may take a few washes to remove the coating of non-natural shampoo/conditioner in your hair.
- I have naturally oily hair and find this method works great for me. It may be different for people with dry hair.
Do you use a different simple environmentally friendly solution?
I’d love to hear all about it! Please comment below 🙂