For over 15 years I’ve dedicated my life to finding solutions for how to live in a manner that leaves a lighter footprint on the Earth.
It was during my 4.5 years at university that my eyes were opened to the many issues facing humanity and the planet.
I went seeking simple, effective & convenient solutions that I had control of and could implement in my daily life.
Incredibly, this was not an easy task. I found valuable generational lifestyle knowledge of the past (prior to modern day throw away convenience) was hard to find, lost, or had been overcomplicated with the ease of putting information on the internet.
There were also new health challenges facing humanity and the planet that required a new approach.
My seeking took me on many adventures and my life has become one big personal experiment.
The Earth Girl Lifestyle is the culmination of solutions I’ve implemented, and continue to refine, in my life to help me have as minimal impact on the Earth as possible via my daily actions and choices.
I hope by sharing my journey with you, you’ll be able to save yourself a heap of time by learning from my lessons and gaining from my knowledge.
Together we have the ability to create a world future generations can be proud of.
ABOUT THE EARTH GIRL LIFESTYLE
Low Waste Living
Goal = Simple, effective, convenient solutions that are low waste and as natural as possible.
Health… I’m don’t think there’s anything more important. Truly, what do we have if we don’t have our health? The same is true for the Earth. Our daily actions have a direct affect, not only on our bodies, but also the planet we’re lucky to call home.
Living in a manner that continually strives to do better for the health of the planet and my body is something always at the forefront of my mind.
For me, health comes down to a few things:
- Knowing what ingredients I’m putting into and onto my body, and using in my surrounding environment
- Cleaning up past contamination
- Resolving trauma
- Work on healing existing health conditions
- Getting connected to the messages my body/the Earth are giving me
With our skin being our largest organ, what we put on it is just as important as what we put in our body.
I make my own skincare products that cleanse and nourish my body naturally.
The space around my home is just as important as the space within my home. I aim to improve the immediate environment that I’m custodian of via:
- improving soil health
- growing herbs, vegetables and fruit
- practicing natural lores and working with nature
THE EARTH GIRL DIET
I’m developing the Earth Girl Diet to be based on what I consider to be best practice for health.
The foundations of the Earth Girl Diet are:
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
- Meat Free
- GMO Free
- Gluten Free
I want to eat food that is nutrient dense, grown and processed via natural lores. The goal is to nourish my body by eating as many fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs as possible.
My home is my retreat, a place that nurtures me and supports my health. I keep my home environment clean and clear by:
- making and using my own natural cleaners
- cleansing the air via open windows and indoor plants
- keeping the space energetically clear by burning natural incense and infusing good intentions
Animals are my everything and their health is of the utmost importance to me. I strive to keep animals within my guardianship healthy via:
- providing them as much free grazing/roaming space as possible
- feeding natural whole-foods that are not factory processed
- utilising natural healing techniques
- learning to listen via my inner voice to communicate with animals
LOW WASTE LIVING
Waste Reduction is one of the highest values in my life. It’s the low hanging fruit that I’ve been able to implement in my life to instantly start to return balance and respect to the Earth.
Single use packaging has a lot to answer for, and via behaviour change, I’ve been able to successfully put both our household kerbside rubbish and recycling bin out for collection less than once per year.
WHAT IS LOW WASTE LIVING?
Low Waste Living aims to:
- minimise single use packaging as much as possible
- replace single use packaging with quality reusable alternatives
- care for items owned
- manage unavoidable waste responsibly
BENEFITS OF LOW WASTE LIVING
Improve human, animal and environmental health by:
- Reducing pollution
- Putting less demand on the Earth by using less resources
- Decreasing exposure to health demoting chemicals
HOW I LIVE A LOW WASTE LIFESTYLE
Just to be clear, I was not raised environmentally aware and was an unconscious consumer up to my early 20’s, relying on packaged convenience for all my needs.
Reducing waste has been an ongoing process over many years. It’s required many baby steps of change.
Overwhelm has been an inevitable part of my journey. Wanting to change, and knowing how to make changes has been a challenge.
And it’s an ongoing process.
Slowly but surely, I find more solutions and implement them into my life, which then become the norm.
The goal is to continually improve on my own personal best.
I love DIY.
I love learning new skills, being self-reliant, and educating myself on the foundational building blocks of making things from scratch, which helps me to see how things are interlinked and connected.
I personally like to make things from scratch:
- So I know exactly what ingredients I’m putting onto/into my body + using around my home.
- Because I often don’t know who to trust when profit comes before planet
- So I can get educated on ingredients, processes and how things interrelate
- Because my favourite way to learn is via experience, not theory
- Because it’s a practical creative outlet
- Because it saves me a heap of money, and often time
Earth Girl Lifestyle Presentation Series
I’ll teach you how
Over a series of presentation topics, I’ll teach you what I know to save you a heap of time and money so you can confidently get started in a fraction of the time it took me.
I’ve done the research for you.
Healthy, Low Waste Products that are simple, effective and convenient to make and use.
- Introduction to the Earth Girl Lifestyle
- Introduction to Homemade Soap
- Herbal Infusions 101 (tinctures, macerations, glycerites)
- Plant Distillation (hydrosols & essential oils)
- Skincare #1 Moisturisers (anhydrous body oils, creams & balms)
- Skincare #2 Cleaners & Toners (herbal waters, powders & sydnet bars)
- Skincare #3 Emulsions (creams & lotions)
- Body Personal Care (deodorant & tooth powder/paste)
- Haircare (wash, condition, treat, style)
- Makeup #1 Face (foundation, concealer, bronzer, finishing powder)
- Makeup #2 Eyes (eyeliner/shadow, mascara, brow powder)
- Makeup #3 Lips (lip balm, lip paint/blush)
- Cleaning #1 Household Cleaners (soap/vinegar spray, scrub)
- Cleaning #2 Laundry & Dish Cleaners
- Air Cleansing (incense, room spray, toilet treatment)
- Introduction to Eco Dying (fabric & paint)
- Low Waste Living + Learn to make your own Beeswax Wraps
- Healthy Living Workshop (mind, body, spirit, planet)
*Subject to change and evolve as required
WHY LEARN FROM ME?
Many years ago I made the conscious decision to work for passion first and profit second. I also believe in putting the planet before profit.
I have dedicated my life to finding solutions for creating a lighter footprint on the Earth and have been on the journey for nearly 20 years. During this time I have been researching, trialing and experimenting with making my own products from scratch.
I continuously invest in my education and always teach from experience rather than theory.
- Currently completing a Diploma in Organic Skincare Formulation via Formula Botanica
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Environment and Minor in Environmental Issues at Murdoch University
- Various non certified short courses/workshops